IKEA Soft Toys Drawing Competition 2019 - Terms & Conditions:
- The competition will be open at all IKEA stores in Singapore between the 15 November and 17 November 2019 (both dates inclusive).
- This competition is open to children of IKEA FAMILY members, and members of småles Kids Club (“Participants”) for free. Children must be below 12 years old, according to their birth year. Each IKEA FAMILY cardholder may register up to 6 children. IKEA employees and their immediate families are excluded from the competition.
- IKEA reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility. If the Participant is required to provide such evidence and fails to do so, IKEA may at its sole discretion, disqualify the Participant from the competition.
- All Participants intending to participate in the competition must have the consent of their parent or guardian to do so. Parental supervision is also required on the day of participation.
- Only one entry can be made by each child. All competition entries must be the original work of the Participant. Each Participant cannot be assisted by any third parties. Any such entries will be disqualified. Late or incomplete entries will also be disqualified.
- Criteria for selection of all drawings are based on news value, uniqueness, commercial potential and possibility to be manufactured as soft toys.
- All Participants will receive a Certificate of Participation, and the top 15 finalists in Singapore will each receive a $50 IKEA Gift Card.
- All international level winners will receive one soft toy each created by IKEA from their own drawings. There will be 6 international winners in total.
- All prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash or credit alternatives will be given in exchange for the whole or any part of the prizes. IKEA reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize or equivalent value in the event of circumstances outside of its control. Any eventual tax due if any) as a result of the award of to the prize will be borne and paid by the winner.
- The competition winners will be selected by IKEA. IKEA’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence on any matter concerning the decision to award to the competition winners will be entertained.
- IKEA reserves the absolute right to select an alternative winner and award the prize to another Participant in the event that IKEA has reasonable grounds for believing that that a Participant has acted in a way which is inconsistent with these terms and conditions or has acted in a way which IKEA considers to be inappropriate, unlawful, or offensive.
Liability and Permissions
- The promoter for this competition is Ikano Pte Ltd whose registered office is at 60 Tampines North Drive 2, Singapore 528764, registered company number 198004112M. Any questions or queries regarding the competition should be sent to the customer service department.
- IKEA will not be liable for any loss arising from the postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond its control or for any act or default of any third-party supplier. IKEA does not accept any responsibility if the Participant is not able to claim the prize by the date notified.
- In order to enter this competition, Participants (or their parent/guardian as appropriate) will be required to provide certain personal information including but not limited to the name and age of the Participant, an email address and phone number. IKEA will use each Participant’s personal details for the purposes of administering this competition and to contact Participants who are shortlisted and/or winners. IKEA will also share this information with third parties within the IKEA group of companies as part of the judging process. By entering this competition and providing this information to us, each Participant and their parent/guardian consents to such personal information and drawings being used in this way.
Your Personal Information and Intellectual Property Rights
- IKEA may collect, use, disclose and/or process the personal data provided, including the name, age, photos, videos and competition entry (the drawing) of any one of the Participants (i) for such purposes relating to this competition; (ii) publicly on IKEA’s website and/or other media channels worldwide for advertising and publicity purposes; (iii) IKEA’s internal administrative purposes; and (iv) IKEA’s corporate communication purposes. By entering this competition, Participants and their parent/guardian consent to this information being used in these ways without further consent, notification or compensation.
- IKEA may develop new product designs based on the competition entries (drawings) from the 6 international winners and manufacture a limited product offering based on these designs with intent of commercialising and selling it worldwide in any manner whatsoever (including, without limitation, in all IKEA stores, IKEA online shopping (commercial use. By entering this competition, Participants and their parent/guardian consent to this information being used in the manner described here without further consent, notification or compensation.
- Information collected from Participants and/or their parent/guardian will only be disclosed to third parties, including data entry service providers, professional advisors, consultants or auditors, storage and warehousing facility providers and third-party service providers who provide operational, including marketing and publicity services, in connection with the purposes expressed herein. By entering this competition, you consent to us disclosing your personal information in this way notwithstanding that such third parties may be located outside Singapore. IKEA will also share this information with other companies within the IKEA Group of companies and other IKEA companies. Again, these companies may be based outside of Singapore.
- By permitting their child to enter this competition, each IKEA FAMILY member [or equivalent membership]and parent/ legal guardian of småles Kid’s Club member consents to IKEA processing the personal information of their child in accordance with the way that has been described in these terms and conditions.
- Any intellectual property rights including copyright and design rights in the drawings provided by Participants, including in the winning entries and in toys made to the designs provided in the competition entries, shall belong to IKEA from the point at which the competition entries are submitted to IKEA.
- The winners whose drawings are purposed for commercial use will have no rights in the designs or to receive any remuneration, reward or other benefit as a result of the use of their design, other than the prizes provided for in these terms and conditions. In the event IKEA in its sole discretion decides that it is not possible to manufacture or commercialise any of the 6 designs, IKEA reserves the right to withdraw this product and substitute it with a product based on another drawing from any of the other entries.
- This competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed and construed in accordance with Singapore law in the Singapore Courts.
- By entering this competition, all Participants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.